Designs by Megan

Designs by Megan Creative Team

Speed Scrap 9/4/2009!!

designsbymegan
    Admin

Speed Scrap 9/4/2009!!

Post  designsbymegan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 am

Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a SS at Bouquet of Pixels on Frieday Sept. 4th at 9 am MST. If you can make it that would be great! Also, if you you post it up on your blogs, if you have one, that would be great. I'll make an ad for it once it gets closer.

Thanks!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Re: Speed Scrap 9/4/2009!!

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

Can anyone come??!
    arianag87

SS 9/4

Post  arianag87 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi! Sorry, I didn't know you wanted a reply, I thought you just wanted us to show or not show! I don't know what a Speed Scrap is, but I won't be able to attend, anyway. I'm going to NY on that day! I'll have my computer with me, so I'll be available, sort of, but I can't make a time commitment just because I never know when Mini Me is going to nap or where we'll be at any given time. Smile

Ariana
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:25 pm

What part of New York? I have some friends who went on missions in Buffalo:) They really like that area.

A Speed Scrap lasts an hour. What you do is you go to the forum or chat area of BoP, or any other site, and the host gives 7 instructions in 10 minute increments. You pick a kit and whatever else the host wants you to put on the layout. Once the hour is up you have an hour and 15 minutes to complete the layout and post it in the gallery. It's a lot of fun to see all the different variations from everyone!! If you happen to have some time that morning you can stop on by for a little bit to see what it's like. I have to figure out what instructions I'm going to give!Smile
    arianag87

Post  arianag87 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:16 am

It sounds fun! Buffalo is WAY upstate from where I'll be, I'm from NY and have never been to Buffalo! My family lives in Westchester and Orange counties, about 45 minute north of the city. It's so nice to just go home for a few days. (I used to live with my aunt and uncle up there.) I miss it...

lilykusumah

Post  lilykusumah on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:17 am

Gosh, Megan.. I always want to join SS but I live with lame internet connection. I don't think I qualify for SS (though I really want to be part of it..)...
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:51 pm

I don't really know about internet connection...Are you limited to a certain bandwidth or something? I'd love for you too come! What time is 9am MST for you? If you can't join the chat you could at least go to the forum. Personally, I hate chat rooms. I'd rather refresh a page than use a chat room, but they want me to use the chat room:P I'll be updating the forum as well as the chat room. I've never even been to the BOP chat room...I didn't even know there was one. LOL

Anyway, I hope there's a way you can figure out how to come. If you girls could post announcements about it anywhere and everywhere, that would be great!! I'm busy this next week so I'm not sure if I'll get an ad made in time.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!Smile

Megan
    arianag87

SS!

Post  arianag87 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:46 pm

So how was the Speed Scrap?? Good times?
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

LOL....No one came for the first 30 minutes and then it was only one lady. Next month I'll do more advertising, hopefully. I've told a bunch of people that I hang out with at a forum called Elemental Scraps that I am a designer now so they might start coming over. We'll see:)
    arianag87

One lady!

Post  arianag87 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Oh, no! One lonely lady?? I'm sure I'll be able to come next time. I don't go away very often. It's so funny to me - a lot of my family in NY don't have computers at all, or don't have the Internet. How crazy is that?!?
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 am

Holy Cow!! I'd die without my computer!! LOL Is that sad?!
    arianag87

Post  arianag87 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 am

It's not sad at all, I completely understand! I LOVE my computer! Especially now that I stay at home with my son, it's the only interaction with people that I get!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 pm

LOL That's the same with me. I feel really bad about not spending all my time with my kids, though. I'm trying to be better about playing with them. I get bored easily though, playing with them. Do you?
    arianag87

Post  arianag87 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:45 pm

SO BORED!! I can't say the same movie line ("I'm not coming in behind you again old man!") a BILLION times and slam two cars together for hours like he wants me to. I take him to an indoor playground that's soft (safe) and only has one way in and out. I park myself by the entrance, blast my mp3 player to drown out the kids and read or draw. It's the only way to get "me" time. I also let him watch TV for hours. I don't care if people think it's bad for him, I really don't. What else do you DO with a toddler ALL DAY LONG? He watches Dora and SpongeBob, the Backyardigans, Diego, Max & Ruby - all those Nick Jr. shows. I did make him an art journal that I let him paint and scribble and glue things in. OK, I glue them. I got him some safety scissors so he can cut stuff when I'm cutting stuff. I feel like the world's worst mother, but I can't spend all my time thinking about him, I just can't. I did, for two years, and I was going CRAZY. Literally.
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh, good, so I'm not the only one!! It is hard to play with them for a long time though. They are so amused by simple and boring things! LOL It's nice have more than one kid because they like to entertain themselves and play with each other. My boys love to play "batman"!! They'll bring me blankets that I tie around their necks, not too tight, and then they run around fighting off the bad guys. It's really funny to listen and watch them! I'm usually on the computer though.

I used to let them watch tons of TV, but I try to limit it now. They love playing with their toys and they have so many that if I force them to play instead of watch TV or play video games they end up having a great time. So I just deal with them being mad at me for a few minutes, until they realize they can live without the TV on all day. With only one kid, though, that's a lot harder. I remember my oldest used to hate playing by himself, which I don't blame him for. So I guess all you have to do is have another kid:) LOL
    arianag87

Post  arianag87 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:03 pm

No more kids for me! My husband is a lazy a**hole so it's like being a single parent and still tripping over someone else's huge shoes in the doorway. I have NO desire to repeat the infant days again. I can't wait until this kid is potty trained and off to school. Alone time...
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 am

LOL! I'm finally potty training my 3 year old. It's going ok, let me just warn you that boys are SO HARD to potty train!! UGH! This morning he wanted to try going pee like daddy does so I let him... yeah, there was pee going everywhere! It was kind of hilarious, but then I had to clean it all up. I'm still not sure if I got it all! Haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:02 pm