Designs by Megan

Designs by Megan Creative Team

Birthday Kit

designsbymegan
    Admin

Birthday Kit

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Ok, Kristin totally inspired me to do a birthday kit. It's not done yet. I have some papers and a couple elements. I'm extracting a lot of elements myself so it might take a while to finish the kit. I'm horrible at extracting!!Razz Anybody really good at it and want to help out? Smile Here's a preview of the palette:

I know it's not very girly colors, Kristin so sorry about that, but I really like this palette:) I'll keep you updated on how it's going:)

Oh, and what do you think I should name it? I want it to be something fun and unique.
    ragmama

Re: Birthday Kit

Post  ragmama on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Oooh, I like the palette! And I'm okay with extractions and don't mind helping out if you'd like. Smile

Name, name, name...for some reason I keep thinking of "smash" and "cake" and trying to put them together, but nothing is forming. Hmph. I'll be thinking!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Yay!! Can I email you a 300 dpi file? Maybe I'll just zip a few of them and put them on 4shared.com. That might be easier... I'll let you know.

I'm glad you like the palette. I was afraid it wasn't girly enough. LOL Keep throwing words at me and we'll get a name figured out. I want it to be something I haven't heard before. I was thinking birthday bash, but that's over done I think. Maybe something like "Smash the Cake" Hehe. I could throw in frosting smears if I can find some. Or, you could take a picture of some smeared frosting since you'll be doing the cake thing today:) At least I'm assuming there will be cake! Also, take a picture of the candles on the cake and individually. Would you mind doing that for me? We don't have a birthday coming until April, which is mine. But if you can't or you forget that's cool, just thought I'd ask:)
    ragmama

Post  ragmama on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I think emailing 300 dpi files would be okay - I have Gmail and it'll hold a ton. Smile

Actually, we didn't do the cake thing tonight - but we'll do it on Friday night at her party. I'll get candle pics for you then. I can do the frosting smear too, but it's pink - guess you could desaturate, right?!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Pink frosting is fine. I can just desaturate it to make it go with my palette:) I didn't have time to email you any files yet. I figured you'd be busy anyway so I'll probably do that tomorrow during quiet time, if my kids will leave me along. I call it quiet time and shut them in their play room so I can be along, but I rarely ever get that much quiet time. LOL

Here's a preview of the papers:

I finished them all today!! There's a lot of them, 25 total, I was on a roll! I've gotten a few elements done and I have more to come definitely. I'm totally excited about this kit now!! I've been wanting to do a birthday kit since Oct! My son turned 5 and I thought it would be fun to make a special kit for him and do a special sale. Yeah, that never happened, obviously:P So I'm glad you gave me the inspiration to finally do this kit, Kristin!Smile

Well, I'm going to keep working. Or maybe I'll go to bed. Tough decision!! Smile

MEgan
    ragmama

Post  ragmama on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Wow, you've got some awesome papers in there - loving the pink one, obviously!! Laughing

Just a random thought...how hard would the number candles be? You know, like a big 1/2/3/etc with the wick on top? Rachael had a 6 on her "birthday brownie" tonight, just looking at pics and that jumped out at me. Smile

I can't wait to see what else you have in mind!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:26 pm

That's a great idea about the candles!! I wonder if I could get a whole alpha to look like that. LOL That would be cool though. I want to see about making a cake element too. I was thinking of doing a more drawn look for the cake look so maybe I could do a drawn look for the candle. I'm not sure, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. I really want this kit to turn out awesome so it might take me all month to make it! LOL I'll try sending you those files to extract tomorrow. Thanks for your help!Smile

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas for this kit? What do you think of the papers?Smile
    ragmama

Post  ragmama on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm

HEY!! Where is everyone else?! tongue

I totally meant to get in here and update...we had to postpone Rachael's party until the 26th. We were both still coughing (it just never goes away!!) and didn't want to take a chance on making her friends sick. But, if you still need candle and frosting pics then...I'll be glad to do them!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:46 pm

I would love that! I think it'll take me a while to get all of the elements that I want and finalize the kit. I'm thinking I'll release it the first or second week in March.

Sorry you guys are still coughing! I hope it goes away soon!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Ok, so I'm finally trying to finish up this kit! Woohoo!Smile I think I'm almost done. I decided to go with a different cupcake. Here it is:

Or do you like it better when it's embossed? Here's that one:

Let me know what you think! I think I'm going to release this in 3 different sets. I have the papers all done so I'll release those on Monday May 31st. I'll try to get the elements done for the next Monday and then the alpha the next monday after that. I HOPE that's how it will go. You never know!Razz

ragmama

Post  ragmama on Thu May 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Hmm...I think I like the first one better. I like the bit of depth that embossing gives it, but the black kind of makes it look like someone set fire to the wrapper! Laughing
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Thu May 27, 2010 10:26 pm

I never thought of that. I might be able to change it. I'll play with it a bit more.

ragmama

Post  ragmama on Fri May 28, 2010 6:38 am

Maybe a beveled edge? Not sure how that would work since they're uneven, but maybe! Smile
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sun May 30, 2010 9:46 pm

ok, here's the cupcake without a black shadowed edge. Do you like this better? or just the brushed look?

I think I might be leaning towards the brushed look more. I don't know though. LOL

ragmama

Post  ragmama on Sun May 30, 2010 9:51 pm

That's a tough one - they both look good to me!!
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sun May 30, 2010 9:59 pm

I hate it when they both look good! LOL I think I'm going to go with the brushed look. I've never done anything like that and I really like it.

Tomorrow I'm releasing the papers for this kit. I'm not done with the elements, but I need to release something this month so the papers it is. I think I'll be able to release the elements next week hopefully! Kristin, can you still help me out with extracting? I need to take a picture of a cute frame I have. I tried extracting it myself, but I did a horrible job and then realized it was blurry anyway:P I also want to do an alpha so I'm on the look out for something birthday-ish.

ragmama

Post  ragmama on Sun May 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Sure, send it my way and I'll see what I can do! Smile
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sun May 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I am exhausted so I'll do it tomorrow:) Thanks Kristin!!

designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 am

Ok, the papers are in the store. If you want to pick them up now you can or you can wait until I'm finished with the whole kit. I'm hoping next monday.

designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey Kristin,

Have you had a chance to work on the frame I sent you?

Thanks!
    Megan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:27 am