Designs by Megan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Designs by Megan

Designs by Megan Creative Team

3 posters

Soo... Lets get chatty!! :)

bdances
    bdances

Soo... Lets get chatty!! :) Empty Soo... Lets get chatty!! :)

Post  bdances Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:01 pm

So I am just Trying to get the chat on here!! lol!! so lets start with how long you guys have been digi scrapping? I have been doing it about 7 to 8 months!!
    cyclops <---- Like that smiley! lol!!!
    ragmama
    ragmama

Soo... Lets get chatty!! :) Empty Re: Soo... Lets get chatty!! :)

Post  ragmama Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm

LOL, that is a cute smiley! Let's see...I've been digi scrapping for about 16 months. I started out paper scrapping and kept it out until my second daughter was born. Then it got to be too much of a pain to drag out all the paper, embellishments, stickers, etc., scrap for a few minutes and then put it all away again. I went for a whole year and didn't scrap a thing. When Milly turned one and I realized that I hadn't scrapped anything for her yet, I knew I had to do something. Smile I was already familiar with Photoshop, so I started playing around with digi scrapping and absolutely LOVED it. So, here I am! I actually sold most of my paper scrapping stuff a while back, and I doubt I'll ever go back...certainly not till my girls are much older, IF then.

So what got you started, Brooklyn? You are definitely the youngest digi scrapper I've met! cheers

And Megan...how did you get started designing, if you don't mind my asking? I would LOVE to learn...I just don't know where to start.
    bdances
    bdances

Post  bdances Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Well My mom showed it to me and then I fell in love with it. lol!! Basketball But that it really Smile
    ragmama
    ragmama

Post  ragmama Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Neat, so she's a digi scrapper too?
    bdances
    bdances

Post  bdances Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Yep she is!! Smile
    ragmama
    ragmama

Post  ragmama Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I hope my girls will be interested in it when they're older too. My older daughter already likes to watch and "help". She actually suggested something vital on one of my all-time favorite LOs. Smile Does your mom do the CT thing too?
    bdances
    bdances

Post  bdances Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:41 am

Thats cool!! I bet one of them or both of them might would like it too!! Smile And yes my mom does the CT stuff. Smile
    designsbymegan
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 am

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around! It's been busy. Usually I get an update email whenever there's a comment or new topic on here, but it hasn't been working lately:P I'll have to check that out.

So I haven't been ignoring you!! Thanks for starting the chatter Brooklyn!Smile

I started out digi scrapping kind of by accident, I think. It was Oct. 2008 and I had heard about it and was on a blog called sugardoodle.net. I was the teacher for the 1 year olds in my church and I often needed ideas to keep them occupied and that site has tons of them!! There was a link to a free mini scrapbooking kit so I downloaded it and played around with it and a picture in photoshop. It was the worst layout I've ever done!! LOL But through that website and the mini kit I found a bunch of other digi places to learn from so I made my way around the digi world. I got onto a couple CT's at the beginning of 2009 and in the spring one of the gals I ct'd for wanted to do something different. A few of us on her team were designers or wanted to be (me included) so she had us design a mini kit based off of one of her kits! So that's how I got started. I had so much fun doing that little mini kit and I was so proud of it that I started doing more designing. I applied for a Designer spot at BOP in the summer of 2009 and I've really enjoyed being there. The designers and owner are really awesome and great to work with.

I started out with freebies and making things myself in photoshop. There are a lot of CU freebie websites out there that have a lot of nice things. I got some of the stuff for Bunnyrific at one of them, but I have started to buy CU from other designers that I like. It's very time consuming and I don't make very much money at BOP because there's not much traffic there, but that's ok. I'm thinking about branching out, I just need more time! LOL

So that's my story! Hope I didn't walk your ear off too much. I can link you up to the freebie website I have, but it's on my laptop so I'll have to do that later.

I'm a professional photographer part time and a mom too so my life is BUSY!! Especially now that the weather is nice! I have a High School Senior photo shoot today in a town 2 hours away so I will be gone most of the day. I'm kind of excited, but nervous too. I've never taken pictures in this town before so it's hard to know what to expect, but I'm excited about it! If you guys want to check out my photography website click here. Let me know what you think!Smile

Hope you have a great day!

Megan
    bdances
    bdances

Post  bdances Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 am

Cooool story!! Smile I love your pics they rock!!! bounce
    ragmama
    ragmama

Post  ragmama Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 am

I've never played with a single CU thing...might have to try that sometime. I'd love the CU freebies link when you have time! That's very cool that a CT got you into designing - do you still CT for her?

Love your photography...baby Violet on the table is just too precious! Smile I love to do photo shoots with my own girls, but I'd be scared senseless of messing up someone else's pictures. How on earth do you know JUST how to pose them? All of yours look so natural! Well, except the baby on the table...but it's all the more cool because it's unexpected. Smile

Good luck with your photo shoot today!
    designsbymegan
    designsbymegan
    Admin

Post  designsbymegan Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks guys:) Glad you like my photos. I'm not sure how to explain how I know how to pose people. I've learned a lot over the years, but I've also just gone out and practiced. That might sound wierd, how do you practice photography. LOL The more I do it the better I get. Believe me, I look at pictures I did 3 years ago and cringe! LOL I get better and better the more I do it, which is the same with anything really.

I forgot about linking you up to the CU freebies. Here's that link. The designer that got me into it all retired so I'm not on her CT anymore, which I'm sad about because she was awesome. Maybe you guys have heard of her. She was called Snowflake Beach Designs. A lot of girls that were on her CT actually are designers now! LOL

UGH! My photo shoot last week went well, but I was in so much pain when I got home at 6pm!!! It made me realize that I'm 6 months pregnant and can't keep going on like I'm not. So I'm putting myself on unofficial bedrest. LOL

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:44 pm